What Is Life Coaching?
Life Coaching is a newer profession that has synthesized the best from psychology, business, transformation, philosophy, spirituality and finance to benefit the entrepreneur, professional, business owner and athlete or any individual. Life Coaching is a form of consulting. Like a consultant, a Life Coach helps you and/or your firm to:
- Solve problems.
- Reach goals.
- Design a plan of action.
- Make decisions.
In addition to the above, the Life Coach "stays with" (coaches) you to:
- Implement the plan of action, working through the inevitable changes and any obstacles;
- Maintain a healthy balance between your personal and professional life;
- Look ahead to take advantage of opportunities that are evolving;
- Bring out your personal best, keeping focused on your needs, values and vision.
All Life Coaches are consultants; few consultants are Life Coaches.
Why Does Life Coaching Work?
Life Coaching works because of three unique features:
- Synergy: Client and coach become a team, focusing on the client's goals and needs and accomplishing more than the client would alone.
- Structure: With a Life Coach, a client takes more actions, thinks bigger and gets the job done, thanks to the support, guidance and accountability, which the coach provides.
- Expertise: The coach knows how to help people lead more productive lives and make more money by: making better decisions, setting the best goals, and restructuring their professional and personal lives for maximum productivity.
Who Works With A Life Coach?
Entrepreneurs, athletes, business owners, professionals and people in transition use a Life Coach to help fix, solve, create or plan something, personally or professionally.
What Does A Life Coach Work On?
Here is what the client and the Life Coach work on together:
- Handling business or personal problems;
- Taking control of difficult situations and turning them around;
- Prioritizing actions and projects;
- Taking a project to completion;
- Business planning, budgeting and goal setting;
- Integrating business and personal life for balance;
- Making key decisions and designing strategies;
- Catching up and getting ahead of the business;
- Training, developing and managing staff;
- Increasing sales substantially or filling a practice.
How Does A Life Coach Do This?
Life Coaching is delivered during regular, weekly sessions by telephone, in person on the web (Skype) and through email (or any combination) whichever is more convenient. Clients bring an agenda of items to the call. The coach helps them to solve problems, see things from different perspectives and make the most of their opportunities. When they are taking on a large goal, the coach helps them design the project and provide the support and structure needed to make sure it gets done. The Life Coach brings out the client's best by offering advice, expecting a lot, helping to strategize and celebrating the wins. The coach is a "partner" whose only goal is his client's success.
Where Do I Start?
The initial consultation helps us to get to know each other, gets your questions answered and determines if you are ready to be coached. This lasts about 30 minutes, is free and is done by telephone.
We then begin with our first meeting. Prior to that, you will have received an email package in which are checklists and assessment materials to help make the most of our first official session. I want to hear about your goals, needs and problems. I want you to get comfortable with me. During this meeting, we design a list of goals and a game plan to reach them. Together we design the best way we can work as a team to accomplish your goals.
If you are doing well, Life Coaching will help you to maintain your success, and achieve at a higher level than before. If you are having trouble getting on track, Life Coaching will help you to overcome inertia, gain momentum and achieve a much more successful life! Call or contact me for more information, today!